Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 9

Day 9 - January 8, 2009

The highlight of Day 9 was that I got to find out how Mr. Thornton's and Miss Hale's story turns out. (North and South). If you haven't seen it and like BBC miniseries, I asked for it for my birthday and now have a copy that I can share with EVERYONE! I lent it to Holly, though, and she lent it to someone else, so there is a waiting list...

We kind of took it easy on Day 9. I borrowed Heather's Garmin and visited a couple of quilt shops in Hartford and Wethersfield. It was fun to talk to the shop owners about our new book and to give them my business card. I felt so official. One of the shop owners had a quilt in the back that she made. She let me take a picture of it. The quilt is inspired by some lady named Jane who made very intricate, teeny weeny 4" blocks. There's a whole book about it, but I don't have the book, so I don't know the whole story. All I know is that these quilts are all the rage for super crazy quilters who have nothing better to do (I guess).

Am I ever going to make a quilt like this, you ask? Um...doubtful.


No comments: