Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 6

Oh, what the hay!

It's only 10:30...let's do another day...YaY!


Day 6

was a trip to New York with no Garmin lady to help me out. Thank goodness for Mapquest, eh?

I had the COOLEST opportunity to visit some of my bestest friends who live in NY!

I first drove to Cooperstown, NY (the home of baseball) where I saw Jenileehee and Seth Iverson. They have two beautiful daughters. Jeni gave me the grand tour of town, (which ended up being fantastic because I wouldn't have known how to get out of town otherwise.)
May I interrupt myself at this point and just tell you how beautiful New York is...even in the bleak midwinter...
Jeni and Seth are my friends from the Logan University 42nd ward where they took care of me, played volleyball with me and made sure I didn't get into too much trouble!
Jeni took a picture and promised to email it...but I'm still waiting. I'll post it when I get it.
After having a nice visit and lunch with the Iverson clan, I headed toward the NY/Pennsylvania border and stopped in Horseheads (isn't that a great name for a town?) where I stayed with Heidi and Jim McDermott and their three kids. Brooke even let me sleep in her bed. Jim was embarrassed because Heidi fed me cereal, but I was just loving life!
Heidi was one of my very first roommates at Snow College. She went to be a nanny in NJ, and we lost her forever...Just kidding, she still comes back to visit! In fact, we planned a roomie reunion while we were there!
Bonnie & Heidi

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

I am so sorry. I totally dropped the ball. I will email you that picture today. I promise.