Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 4 - 5

Okay, remember how I vowed to get this done? I know, I know, you've been in suspense for a month now just wondering how my trip went...
Well, I'm starting to forget all the minute details, so these should start getting shorter...maybe just the pictures???

Day 4 led us to Boston, MA. Heather, Sophia and Bonnie took off in the very cool Jetta with Garmin lady as the navigator. Matt stayed home with the twinners.

Here are some of the highlights:
We parked under Boston Commons and saw people ice-skating at a rink there.
We visited Paul Revere's grave and somebody that was related to Mother Goose.





We saw Cheers...only I know it wasn't the real one because it wasn't in a basement. I am so smart.
We saw a random protest march in downtown as we were walking the Freedom Trail. I was too surprised to remember to take a picture.

I bought a "B" touque because I forgot my hat...I pretended like it stood for "B"onnie.
Paul Revere statue.
We went into the church where Paul Revere showed his signal (one if by land, two if by sea) I think it's just to the left of where the picture is...



We visited the USS Constitution which is nicknamed "Old Ironsides". I always thought it was because it was made of iron...not so. (Heather stayed in the Museum with the baby, so I got a very flattering self-portrait with the lifesaver behind me with the name of the ship.)
I need to spend another day in Boston when it's not so freezing cold.
We wore that cute baby clear out.

Our last stop was the Boston Temple. BEA-U-TI-FUL!
Day 5
was supremely uneventful. I took a nap, went to church (not in that order) and just did absolutely nothing. Actually, that is not true because if my memory serves me, I was introduced to North and South on Day 5. Sigh... AND I was too tired to watch all 4 hours, so I only watched two and then the suspense was killing me until Day 8!!
I did learn a life lesson in Relief Society and since it was the beginning of a new year, I made a goal for the year to speak well of others. I have flubbed up a few times already, but am determined to do better.
Okay, so this post was not very interesting...but I've got to get this written down or I'll forget that I even went to New England!!!

No comments: