Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Triathlon

Every year for the last few years, the Bailey Family has done a Weight Loss Challenge from May through September.
Every year I enter. Every year I come up short.
This year Matt was the big winner, but he asked us to extend the challenge for another 4 months for more motivation. Basically it's double or nothing (there is a cash prize :0)
We are now a month into the second half of the challenge, and I've gained since our original weigh in.
All spring and summer long I ran and biked to help me with the challenge.
I like biking. I don't love running, but I don't hate it as much as I used to.

I heard about a triathlon last Spring that was a two-week long event. I'm not exactly sure how they did that and kept track of everything, but I had the crazy idea yesterday to do one over a period of time.

I think I'll do ok with the biking. I think I'll even do decent with the running (as far as getting it done...maybe not for the best time). I'm worried about the swimming. I don't swim.

I struggle with remembering not to breathe through my nose. I have a struggle having my entire face underwater all at once. I just struggle with swimming.

So...let's get to it. I'm going to overcome this weakness in my life. I'll try to keep you updated on how I do. I'm hoping to be done in about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. I'm traveling in the middle, so that may disrupt the schedule a little.

I'm off to bike!!

No comments: