Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cabin Update

Cabin Update:
Here's the inside of the cabin and the joists that Alan, Ross and I worked on. I am happy to report that one of the joists was cut too short, but it wasn't by me :0)



After the joists were put in, Alan and I put down some insulation and then the subfloor sheathing. I left one board in the front without screws so that we can put in a time capsule under the floor. Any ideas of what to include?



Next project: Brick around the foundation. They burned down a house up the street and I asked if I could take some of the adobe bricks that made up the walls of the house. We tried out a few and it looks good!!



Here's my pile of bricks that Sarah and I collected. Should be plenty. I hope.



Autumn helped Brother King and I start laying the brick. I had no idea how much mortar I would need, so I only got a couple of bags to see how far it would go. Here's some of what we got done. I'm not sure exactly what we're going to do at the top. We are talking about turning the top brick horizontally. Any thoughts?

No comments: