Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's not a good idea for me to live in Texas

More adventures with Holly:

We attended International Quilt Market in Houston last week. We took off on Wednesday night after volleyball, flew out Thursday morning and came home Tuesday morning...WAY too early.

After arrival, we set up our cute little booth in the huge conference center. On Friday, we didn't really have any plans.

Holly: "So, what is there to do in Houston? Is it famous for anything?"

Bonnie: "Well, NASA...you know something, that actually makes sense now why there was an astronaut cow at the airport."

Holly: "Oh, we are so smart that we are just connecting those two things."

We actually did end up driving by NASA, but it was at night and we weren't exactly sure what we were supposed to see.










We basically were just being dragged around by our chauffeur, Konda, who always eventually got us where we needed to go and didn't even get us killed. But oh, the poor car. So many curbs. Who knew you could buy touch up paint at the car dealership?


We also visited the Museum of Natural Science. It was great! I guess. I forgot to get pictures, so you'll just have to imagine it.

My missionary buddy, Patricia Pizano, picked me up on Sunday and we attended some random Spanish ward's sacrament meeting. They had their Primary program and it was AWESOME!

When I was leaving the chapel, I saw a pair of sister missionaries. "That girl could be Steve and Dorothy Johnson's daughter." I checked her tag "Hermana Johnson".
"Excuse me, are you from Manti?"
"Wait are you Bonnie?"
Of course, I couldn't remember her first name...it is Karen I found out. She's my second cousin. Crazy stuff - the world is so small.















Other adventures: We experienced Texas BBQ for the first time (notice the Idaho potatoes in the background)
and drove by the Houston temple. It was Monday night so the gates were shut. It took the picture through the bars of the gate...

Most of our time, however was spent sitting in a booth, like a veal. Oh, and breaking out into song whenever the name of a Texas city was mentioned.

"Houston, Houston means that I'm one day closer to you..."
"Galveston, oh Galveston..."
"By the way, if this is Austin, I still love you."
"Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone."

Yeah, well you get the picture. I can't ever live there. My life is too much like a musical as it is.

5 comments:

Tori said...

Sounds like you had a good time...You and Holly have a lot of fun together I an tell. It sounds a lot like me and my sister.I love to read your adventures, they are always funny.

Chavonne said...

Hey you forgot to tell everyone about Marie!! Oh. I bet your going to use that for your NEXT post;)

BertB said...

oh chavonne, what would i do without you? i did see marie osmond on sunday. i didn't, however, stand in line to get a picture with her. call me crazy.

Hailee and Chet said...

Hey its nice to see you on here. Im glad i found you. I hear you have quite the stake calling now. CONGRATS!!! I so miss young womens:) Well I will talk to you later. LUV YA!!!

Michelle said...

You make me laugh! That looks like a fun trip with Holly! Sorry we didn't connect last week. I will have to get it to you another time.